Mobile crane training
Locatelli can provide a full range of training designed to ensure our customers get the safest and best use from operating our mobile cranes.
All training is managed by Hird, the Locatelli Cranes UK and Ireland authorised partner, which provides a wide range of other lifting training courses.
We only used the best mobile crane training providers so teams working for Locatelli customers get the best instruction.
Mobile crane familiarisation
As part of your purchase of Locatelli mobile cranes, we will go through a familiarisation process with your personnel.
This will ensure your team members are aware of the specific operating systems that give our cranes their performance advantage.
CPCS mobile crane training
We can also provide your personnel with CPCS A60C mobile crane operator training course.
The 8-day course is designed for anyone who is required to operate mobile cranes for lifting operations.
For the CPCS mobile crane course, delegates must have passed the health safety and environment test for operatives.
Topics covered include: Legislation – LOLER, PUWER, and HASAWA. Codes of practice – BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
- Crane appreciation – crane types, capabilities and limitations
- Duty charts
- Crane terminology
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Crane stability/ground conditions
- Communications (radio, verbal and hand signals etc.)
- Cab and lever familiarisation
- Rigging and de-Rigging of cranes according to written instructions
- Configuring cranes according to work specifications
- Hoisting, slewing and derricking following the instruction of the slinger/signaller
- Controlling load movement
- Routine maintenance
- Use of crane on free on wheels duties
- Use of crane on pick and carry duties
Qualification and certification
Successful candidates will be awarded a Red CPCS Trained Operator card endorsed with the category Mobile Crane endorsement C All Duties A60.
The Red CPCS card is valid for two years. Within this time, operatives must complete an NVQ level 2 Diploma to convert from red card to blue card, which is valid for five years.